About Applied Machinery Sales
In 2010, building on an idea that construction and agricultural markets needed quality heavy equipment that would bring versatility and simplicity to every job, Applied Machinery Sales became the official importer of Merlo Telehandlers and Rotos.
In a short time, as AMS grew its business, and expanded its dealer network, it also outgrew its location. To accommodate its growing inventory of machines, parts and accessories, AMS moved to its current location in Rock Hill, SC.
Understanding that the demand for quality versatile equipment never stops, AMS recently added the VF-Venieri line of earthmoving equipment. This line of wheel loaders and backhoe loaders works alongside Merlo’s Telehandlers and Rotos to bring dealers and users the best solutions for every job.
Dealer opportunities are available. Learn more by calling 803-327-4949 or sending an email to email@example.com.
In 1964, Amilcare Merlo established Merlo SPA in Cervasca, Italy and began producing mobile construction equipment. Today, its main facility is still in Cervasca and occupies 2.3 million square feet with 1,200 employees.
Merlo’s philosophy is to build as much in-house as possible (92%) through the use of automation. A tour of the facility features 38 robots, 16 machining centers, 11 automatic steel cutting lines and 3 high-tech powder coating lines.
Merlo’s first telehandler arrived in 1981 with the SM series, which is still in use worldwide. Since that first machine, a series of true innovations ensued, including “industry firsts” for side-engined telescopic handlers, rotary telehandlers, the first true agriculture tractor/telehandler (Multifarmer) and the first 26,500 lb capacity unit.
Big performance advancements in compact design, safety, visibility, maneuverability and hydrostatic drives that offer unparalleled comfort, efficiency and above all, safety, soon followed. More innovation is sure to come as Merlo remains committed to research, advanced technology and mechanization.
VF-Venieri created its first crawler tractor in 1948, opened its first fully equipped plant in 1954, and, as its popularity grew, started producing earthmoving equipment in 1960.
Venieri put in place multiple International OEM agreements to further raise the bar. They went on to install the first hydrostatic transmission in an earth moving machine, added more horsepower to their loaders, patented the world’s first electric backhoe loader, and produced the first electric front wheel loader.
Venieri’s production philosophy, “Invest in constant research for innovating technical solutions oriented to safety, reliability, stability, performance, operator comfort, and permanent technological developments,” has allowed them to continue to innovate and grow within the earth moving industry.
Today, Venieri’s factory covers 753,473 sq. ft., with a covered area of 215,278 sq. ft., which houses the production and design departments, multi-purpose prototype assembly departments, and test plots.
22nd Samoter Innovation Award: Special mention for Merlo’s new ASCS Adaptive Stability Control System
Mention for the Merlo Transversal Stability System (MTSS) at the SIMA International exhibition in Paris
Merlo family awarded Historic Enterprise of Italy for their work
Machine of the Year
Gold medal award for Merlo’s technician innovation at Agritechnica in Hanover
“Plantwork Award” for Merlo’s MCDC Dynamic Load Control System
Amilcare Merlo was awarded Entrepreneur of the Year 2012 by Ernst & Young